EXTREME! menstural cramps?

well i have really REALLY!!! bad cramps, like yesterday i was on the floor of the bathroom doing everything i could not to scream in agony! it feels like my insides are being torn up!

i am 18, i don't any money to go to the doctor, all my money gets spent on school and food, i don have parents to take me. what should i do?

Comments

• ok, i'd recommend doing some yoga stretches and using a heating pad or taking a warm bath and drinking some herbal tea (any thing warm or hot helps the blood flow in the uterus, and eases cramping). sometimes, masturbation (until orgasm) helps by helping the blood flow more freely in the area. but for some women, their cramping may worsen if they masturbate becuz orgasms make the uterus contract. but aerobic excersise works the best... trust me. or get some over the counter midol or ibuprofen, whatever works best 4 u. good luck and i hope u feel better :)

• I have bad cramps too. I take birth control for that and it helps tremendously and will make your periods lighter. I'm in college and I applied for Family PACT of California throught the school. If you live in another state they might have a different program that offers the same benifits as this one. It is a program that offers free birth control (which is good since it's about $60 for one month supply) free pregnancy examines and blood tests to people of low income who do not have medical insurance, maybe for those who have very little insurance too, not sure. I get it through my college and so go to their facility. I'm not sure what facility you go to but ask them if there are any state programs that offer free birth control (the state pays for the prescription). For mine, I applied at my college's health center, gave the form to the woman at the front desk, and was accepted within a few minutes.

If you're in college, you automatically pay a health fee when you register for classes. Everything they have to offer in there facility should be free EXCEPT perscriptions and medications. Check-ups are free, drop ins, even x-rays or ultra sounds if they have the resources and equipment for that.

I was recently taken off my dad's insurance because I now exceed the age limit. But I have some health problems and can not afford even a trip to the doctor let alone health insurance! I pay about $50 for the student health care fee when I register for classes and I cannot tell you how much it has saved me after only a few months of using it! Hundreds..and that's not even counting the $60 I save every month for the birth control. Check out what your school has to offer

• don't drink or eat anything cold! try to drink lots of hot teas or coffee and eat soups. i know it sounds weird but it works trust me! medicine never works for me but maybe you should take some tylenol, midol, etc. if you have rice then pour the rice in a sock and tie the end of the sock (i have heard a zip-lock bag works too) to make a heat pad. put it in the microwave for 1 minute and then place it on your stomach.