Can I use E-6000 glue as a Fabric glue?

A dress I really like started to fringe, but I don't have any fabric glue at my house, and I also don't want to buy one, since I'm just going to use it once anyway. I did some research, and I heard that hair spray works, too.

Is it true? And besides that, can I use any other things, or E-6000 glue?

Thank you

Comments

• You can use E-6000, it's flexible and strong and dries clear, but it will stain your fabric, making it darker than the rest and will leave a sheen. Plus it will change the hand of the fabric.

Hairspray, I've never tried.

But, if your fabric has a large polyester content, you can try searing the edges with a candle flame. You have to be very controlled with it and I'd try it on an edge that you aren't going to see very well before attempting it on the rest. Be sure to have something near by to put out the fabric if something goes wrong. It may leave a little bit of a dark edge if you get too much smoke on it.

Alternatively, if you happen to have one in the house, a wood burning pen or something similar can be used in the same manner for precision cuts on your fabric. Again, providing that the fabric has been tested for sealing with the heat.