Is Dracula appropriate for a young girl?

I'm 13. Does it have sexual themes in? Violence/horror/gore is fine.

Update:

the book, seeing as this is in Books & Authors

Comments

• I read Dracula when I was twelve. I really enjoyed it. From what I remember, there are no sexual themes in the book. Two of the characters are engaged, but nothing really happens there. Of course, there is some violence because the book is about a monster who sucks people's blood, but it does not go in to detail about all of that. The book is, in a way, kind of mystery novel because each story is somehow connected and you have to figure out how. Overall, I really loved this book and I think you will too.

• At 13, you should be able to read anything. You know what sex is. You should be able to handle sexual themes at your age.

But as it happens, Dracula is appropriate. The sexual themes in it are implied and extremely subtle.

• Yes to all. It's not graphic though, it's fine for a 13 year old.

• Yeh its fine as long as you don't mind the horror theme :)

• No, if you mean the book by Bram Stoner, the classic only has a bit of horror/thriller in it.

• Frankenstein is better, it was written by a young girl. Mary Shelley started writing the story when she was eighteen...

• LOL you mean the old movie 'Dracula'? Well, it has bloody scenes, but not that bloody, and it has no sexual themes, just flirting, and hand kissing. LOL.