How does Bra size work?

I thought it would go: 30A, 32A, 34A, 36A, 38A, 30B, 32B ect.

But apperantly it's not? I'm really confused. You can go from 36A, 36B, 36C for just your cup size growing? or what?

Comments

• Bras consist of 2 measurements: The measurement just under your boobs, and the measurement on the biggest part of your boobs.

The measurement under your boobs is equal to the number in the bra size (or almost, as there are only even numbers for band sizes). So that can be 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 etc.

Then, the letters indicate the difference between the inches measurement from under the boobs, and from the measurement from the fullest part. If there is 1" difference, it is A-cup, 2" difference = B, etc etc.

So, if someone is a 32C, they measure 32" just under their boobs, and 35" on the biggest part of their boobs.

If their boobs are too big for the bra, they need a 32D: That way, only the cup changes, the band is still 32". If the cups in the 32C are a little too big on her boobs, she should try a 32B.

Then comes the tricky part: if the band is a little too big, she would need a 30D. Because the band get's smaller, her 35" are now bigger than only 3" bigger than the band.

If her 32C is too tight in the band, she would similarly need a 34B.

A 30C would be smaller in both band and cup. A 34C would be bigger in both band and cup.

So, going from smallest to biggest boobs, on the same size ribcage would be:

(US sizes) 32A, 32B, 32C, 32D, 32DD/E, 32DDD/F, 32G, etc etc

From small to big ribcage size (but unchanged breast size) would be:

28G, 30DDD/F, 32DD/E, 34D, 36C, 38B and 40A.

You can read more (and as questions) at http://xlhourglass.blogspot.dk/2012/07/how-to-find...

• The numbers represent the band size, not the cup size. The cup size being your actually breasts where as the number (I really wanna call it your waist but I know that's not it lol it's the area around your rib cage? Maybe that is your waist.)

Point is you can go from being a 36 A to a 36 B because your waist is not gaining any weight, it is purely your breasts getting larger.

I hope I helped!

• The number represents the measurment of one's bust all around (the area right under your chest). The letter represents the cup size and refers to one's actual chest. Hope I helped!