Joffrey Trainee program for Jazz/Contemporary?

Hey,

So I know Joffrey (NYC) has a new trainee program for jazz and contemporary dancers. I have a few questions. I am a high school junior and im auditioning to go away next year. I know the trainee program allows you to continue your high schooling. I currently homeschool so i have my own program. So could I go there for my senior year and then go to college?? Or would i have to stay there a few years?

If you would like to include more information thats great. I know its a new program but i want to know as much about it as possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• They do offer classes for dancer up to age 22. I haven't heard great things about this program however. You would be better off going to get your BFA in a triple focus school like Point Park if this is what you are after. Surprisingly as a ballet school the ballet in this program is very limited and without ballet technique like all professional dancers have, you will not be competitive in a professional environment. 10% of the best trained dancers get work and only 10% of them can make a living at it. If you are looking to be a dance teacher, then maybe this is okay. But for a performance career, the training falls far short.