Depo prevera missed periods?

my best friend needs help and we dnt have access to doctor. so she got her depo shot, which lasted for 3months but she didnt renew it after the 3rd month, a week or so l8r her period comes on for about 8 days. She has been sexually active this month and she still hasnt had her next period. it is highly unlikely that she is pregnant, so what else could be cause for her missing her period? we cant think of anything and the depo website says nothing about missing periods like this. can anyone help us?

Comments

• i have been on depo for 10+ years. And up until the last two years, I had 4 periods a year. each lasting from 4 - 10 days. the last two years I have had 1 or 2 per year. I haven't had one this year in probably 8 months. though every month like clockworks I have get all the symptoms of a period but no bleeding.

it is normal while on depo to either not have periods or have them very sporadically.

and depending on your friend you may not go back to normal periods for a while. i had my last depo shot in November and have since switched to a pill. still no period.

she needs to check with a doctor if she is that concerned.