How do I become a Broadway actress?

Hi(: I'm 13 years old and I really want to be in a musical in Broadway, not for fame or fortune, just because I love singing and acting. I have been dancing and competing in gymnastics since I was 7 and have been playing the piano since I was 4. I have been lead roles in multiple school plays and have been singing and acting for a few years now. I know it takes a load of dedication and hard work which I would say I have. Is there any specific managers or agents that specialize for broadway? I also have a 4.0 showing that I can balance things and work hard. Any additional information or suggestion please feel free to write!

Comments

• Becoming an Actress

Find every opportunity in your traveling distance that does Plays or Musicals. Check the schools and community groups as well as professional. Contact them and ask to be notified of any auditions.

If you do not get a part, offer to help in any way (paint scenery, usher etc.) Just being around the production you will learn a lot.

Study Dance, Music and Acting. You must be able to do at least one great and the others well enough to let the others work around you. Find classes or instructors that have produced talent.

Work on your image. You have to be a go getter, with lots of confidence and at the same time come across as humble.

Develop work ethics. Never be late. Never be absent. Always be attentive. Always show respect for others, even when you do not think they deserve it.

If and when approached by a talent agent or agency. Check them out carefully. If you are too young to sign a contract, remember your parents will need to be very involved.

You have to do a lot locally before you can move on up. Going to LA or NY is taking you where the competition is so severe that your chances of ever being seen by anyone is slim. Getting know in your own town and state, gives you a heads up. You will also be seen by the directors who come to direct locals shows, or to just check out what is going on.

You do not have to be a Broadway actress to achieve what you want. It can be done in almost every city in the world.

Agents

They are in business. They are trying to make money. They should not however insist that you take their classes or use their photographer. They do not look at your picture and resume and go out and try to find you a job.

You should give them enough information about your skills and decent photos of you.

Almost all agents know where to find out about casting for theater and movies.

When these castings are announced they look through their files to see who might have a chance. If you appear to have a chance they will notify you.

Until you have found work several times they are not going to go out and try to sell you to a producer

.Read these web sites and all their links.

http://www.actingbiz.com/articles/how_to%E2%80%A6

http://www.agentassociation.com/

This one for finding an agent in your area.

http://www.sag.org/content/find-agent

• New York Girl has the whole lot correct--however I have this so as to add: When you pass to school, appear for a software that presents a BFA in appearing (bachelor of first-class arts). Lots of colleges present a BA (bachelor of arts), however the BFA is the reliable actor's measure--it entails plenty extra studio paintings. If you get into some of the very exceptional BFA systems, they award an fairness club while you graduate. If now not, when you graduate you can have got to transfer to New York, paintings in low-salary jobs to make ends meet, and hold taking appearing workshops, voice classes, and dance categories. You'll hit each audition you'll (however so much auditions are closed to any one who is now not a union member). Eventually a by no means-say-die character like you'll get ample union-permitted paintings to qualify for club--after which your profession will begin to repay and Broadway will turn out to be a transparent likelihood. Note that close to no one in reliable appearing will get to famous person on Broadway--however having a small function or being within the refrain can also be lots of thrills, and the pay is not dangerous as soon as you are based.

• go on to youtube and look for interviews with your favourite broadway actresses/actors.