What do cats do after a poop?

So our family has been debating on whether to get a cat for a little while now, and so far we've almost decided to get one but we are put off by one idea, and that's the cleanliness of the cat after it goes to the toilet? Sorry to be blunt, but after the cat urinates or poops, does it clean itself? Does it lick itself and isn't that germy for the cat? My brother has a clean problem and he keeps saying that the cat will be spreading all the dirt onto wherever it sits after going to the toilet. Help please?

Comments

• No they cover the poop with litter and their stomachs are made for that killing the bacteria on their anus they lick. I wipe my cats paws with a baby wipe after she scratches her litter but most people do not do this. I have small children I don't want my cats in my bed or on my counters, all animals lick their butts its in their nature. Get a dog at least you can put boots on the dog when its outsidd

• Cats are an extremely clean animal. They know what to do after going to the bathroom to clean themselves. The cleanliness of a cat is nothing to worry about!

• You should not get a pet of any kind. Yes, they clean themselves after going to the bathroom. They can walk through poop in the litter and track it all over. Dogs can step in it outside and bring it in. You people are too whacked about germs to have a pet.

• Cats use a litterbox while indoors, and cover up their poop and pee after they go. And yes, they do clean themselves after. Cats are the most fastidious creatures you'll ever see...more than people critters, even.

• Toilet paper:)

• They do not wipe their butts . They do spread infection . Outside is the place for all animals.

• They spontaneously combust flying cats and poop evverywhere

• Sleep,Eat

• they clean there selves O.o