Do concert tickets get cheaper as the event gets closer?

So, I've asked about One Direction meet and greets before for their 2013 summer tour, and the cheapest I can find are nearly $3,000. I was just looking at Justin Bieber meet and greets to get for my younger cousin as a really early Christmas gift and they're only $1,999, and the concert is on the 26th. So does the price decline as the date nears because they need to get rid of the tickets?

Comments

• I'd say it depends on the popularity of the event. It's simple supply and demand. Depending on how many tickets are available and how many people want them, the prices will go up or down accordingly. For a really big event, then the prices go up closer to the event because the demand gets higher from the people who don't already have tickets. But for events that are nowhere near being sold out, the demand is low and the prices drop. So you have to figure out, how many tickets are available in total, and how much demand they are in. Then you can choose whether you want to buy them now or wait until closer to the event. Good luck! Hope this helps!

• THEY ONLY GET MORE EXPENSIVE. Eventually tickets get sold OUT and by that point, people are selling some on ebay for an even higher price point. I know it makes sense to lower the price in order to get rid of the tickets. But then think again. There are so many people who want the tickets, but ended up not being able to get one due to a sell out.

• Unfortunately you might find Meet and Greet tickets will have sold out pretty quickly. If not, they will only get more expensive, so you're better getting them way in advance.

For example, I got my tickets back in around March time? And we got 4 tickets for £37.50 each. Now, they're something like £50 each.

Good luck!

• Price will only decline if they have ALOT of unsold tickets. Also, 1 Direction is 'the new big thing' so their tickets are much more expensive. Price will go up if there are Very limited tickets.

• For the sake of humanity, do not spend anywhere near $2-3000 on 1D and JB..in fact do not spend a cent on them. Pretty sure they are rich enough by now. <3