how do i become a contemporary/lyrical dancer?

i've always wanted to get into all types of dancing (hip-hop, ballet, ballroom, hell i've wanted to break before) but something i really want to do is lyrical stuff. i've never taken any ballet or jazz classes before, i'm 16, and .. well, i know what i want to do, i just don't know how to get there, haha. so tips and advice would be greatly appreciated (:

OH and if there are any studios that could be recommended in or near chino hills (where i live), i'd love to know.

Comments

• The best way to get involved in any type of dance is by joining a dance school with experienced teachers. Check the yellow pages in your phone book for dance schools nearby where you live. Of course, the closest or best one might be a town or two away, so you have to be careful.

Also, dance is not something you randomly take up on a whim. If you are serious about it, it does require hard work and practice to become good at.

Best of luck to you!

• it particularly is like zen. do no longer think of roughly 18 or subject approximately starting to be a dancer at that age. prepare and proceed to prepare. The day when you swap 18 then think of roughly going professional. someplace alongside the journey you will comprehend what each and all of the working in direction of is approximately and once you think of roughly it on that day you would know what to do. Its zen.