How do you connect 2 PS3s for system link?

My friends and I are trying to connect 2 ps3s together for system link to play MW3 and we have a router and we were told we can use the router without internet to still link the ps3s, bc we are in soldiers in Afghanistan and routers arent allowed for internet. We connected both consoles to the router, but when one console sets up a LAN party, the other console cant see it in its LAN list. Ive been all over the internet trying to figure it out......sites telling me to change the IP addresses and such, some saying i need to access the router and etc, but nothing seems to work or maybe im just doing it wrong. If anyone can help with a step-by-step to get this to work that would be awesome! Thanks!

Update:

Once again, I do not have access to any kind of internet connection so we just have a router...

Comments

• well first you will want to use an ethernet cable to the back of each ps3 then connect them to the same wireless internet connection nearby or where ever. then search for devices through your ps3 setting and there you go!!!