Wordpress problem...?

Hi im just starting out with wordpress.org and im hosting it elsewhere .i have a simple problem and i would really appreciate it if i could get a simple answer... i do not want the "HOME" page in my nav bar... i dont want it at all !!!...i dont want to see the word home on my navbar i have already chosen names for my pages... ive checked around and ppl just show you how to link a page so it shows up on the "Home page" i dont want that.. i want the nav bar to say (eg)- Yahoo | Hotmail | Gmail.....not Home | Yahoo | Hotmail | Gmail...

Comments

• Home is showing up because it's using the default menu. You can create your own menu and assign it to the navigation bar IF your theme supports menus.

Dashboard: Appearance: Menus. Create your own menu and assign what you want to it. Posts, pages, etc. At the top right corner of the page, click on the Screen Options tab and tic the checkbox on anything else you want to assign. There is also a custom link option where you can put ANY url into your menu.

Once your menu is created, then in the Theme Locations section, There is a section called Primary Menu. Select the menu you just created and it will replace the default menu with your custom menu.

• What you can do is create the pages that you want and then go to settings > general and when it asks for home page select none.

That should work. The option will say home page as static page and select the page that you want to be the page that appears first when people log onto your site. This would use the title of that page