Serious physics help please?

Ok... I have a ton of problems, so answer any possible. (please show work if possible)

This would help me more than anyone could know, so please spare a moment?

1. A 83.3-kg person escapes from a burning building by jumping from a window 25.2 m above a catching net. Assuming that air resistance exerts a 134.3-N force on the person during the fall, determine the person’s velocity just before hitting the net.

2. A mousetrap car has a mass of 324.7 g. What force is required to accelerate the car at 5.78 m/s2 to the north.

3. What net external force is required to give a 25-kg suitcase an acceleration of 2.91 m/s2 east? In the box on your paper, draw a free-body diagram of the suitcase, be sure to include all forces.

4. A physics class pushes a small wagon along a flat horizontal parking lot with a force of 66.62 N. Starting from rest the wagon travels 10.9 meters in 17.6 seconds. What is the wagon's acceleration?

-What is the magnitude of the force of friction acting on the wagon in the previous question, if the loaded wagon has a mass of 185.0 kg?.

5. A horizontal force pulls a 50- kg bag of fertilizer across the floor. What is the minimum force required if the coefficient of friction is 0.32?

6. A block of mass 4.0 kg slides 18 m from rest down an inclined plane making an angle of 25 o with the horizontal. If the block takes 10 s to slide down the plane, what is the retarding force due to friction?

7. A 13.00 kg block is pushed up a frictionless inclined plane that makes an angle of θ = 39 o with the horizontal direction. What force is needed to move the block with constant speed? Assume that the force is parallel to the surface of the plane.

8. An artillery shell is fired with an initial speed of 1.55E+3 m/s at an angle of 50.7o above the horizontal and returns to its original level before impact. Neglecting air resistance, calculate the time it is in motion.

-Calculate the horizontal distance traveled.

9. A dart gun is fired while being held horizontally at a height of 1.16 m above ground level and at rest relative to the ground. The dart from the gun travels a horizontal distance of 4.66 m. A college student holds the same gun in a horizontal position while sliding down a 42.9o incline (with respect to the horizontal) at a constant speed of 1.91 m/s. How far will the dart travel if the student fires the gun when it is 1.16 m above the ground?

10. A 1.93 m tall basketball player wants to make a goal from d = 10.6 m from the basket. If he shoots the ball at a 43.5 degree angle, at what initial speed must he throw the basketball so that it goes through the hoop without striking the backboard? The height of the basketball hoop is 3.05 m.

11. If he shoots the ball at a a = 43.5o angle, at what initial speed must he throw the basketball so that it goes through the hoop without striking the backboard? The height of the basketball hoop is h2 = 3.05 m.

12. A rock thrown with an initial velocity of 28.5 m/s at an angle of 50.0 o with respect to the horizontal has a range of 985 m on a certain planet. What is the acceleration of gravity on this planet?

13. How far will a stone travel over level ground if it is thrown upward at an angle of 27.0 o with respect to the horizontal and with a speed of 12.0 m/s?

-What is the maximum range that could be achieved with the same initial speed?

14. A ball is thrown upward from a platform 6.8 m high with a speed of 11 m/s at an angle of 40 o from the horizontal. What is the magnitude of its velocity when it hits the ground?

Thank you everyone who spares their time. Also, happy holidays. =D

Update:

2. is solved-- didn't realize that easy one slipped by me. Thanks though, Honey.

--Also, noone is available to assist me with these right now, and I've been attending after-class sessions, but I'm still having difficulty. Alot of these are similar, but none are solved the same.... I don't think. Anyways, if anyone here has the ability to give me something to work off of, it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• What the hell is this? You expect someone to do your homework for you? Ask only one question and understand how the person arrived to the answer and apply it to other problems, or read your book. Don't just toss all of this at us and expect us to spew out answers. This is your work and you should do it.

• guy..these are a lot and it isn't easy to explain it here..i'll only d 1 i can. y not ask a friend who is good in physics to help u to explain it properly

2. you know dat F=ma

where f=force

m=mass

a=acceleration

here, m=324.7 g, a= 5.78m/s^2

m=0.3247kg

finish it off....

• We went beyond the occult about 250 years ago, so that is the last period where books have been written.