Essence Paradox?

I'm coming under the idea that 'essence' is a paradox...at least that which our minds perceive, even thought the transcendental may be pure?

Update:

Perception music lovely. It gives an essence of its own. But is essence perception or rationality. I am coming under the notion that perception is closer, because rationality can be biased whereas---‘lawyer talk’--- perception is there. The perception can vary among others, but the perception exists to be seen in close proximity. Again contradiction! Rationality supposedly exists, we all supposedly think, it is just more or less shrouded more…meaning it is deeper. But you can dig a hole and find dirt there…that is your perception, it may be deeper but it is still there. So essence is which? Essence is a paradox. ☺ Makes sense sorta. Sounds better than contradiction, not so oh pessimistic. It does go against the purity prospect. I think that the usual is the paradox, the transcendental is perhaps not and perhaps it is pure, but then again it is transcendental.

Comments

• Your question is very ambiguous, nevertheless, I'll try to state my opinion about it...

REASON is a tool used to PERCEIVE the ESSENCE of some things, in the same way that the SENSES are used as tools to PERCEIVE the ESSENCE of other things.

Try to keep it simple!

I think that you are confused with what perceive means. One can perceive the essence of most things through the senses. You used the example of Music in your additional information. Music is something whose essence may be perceived even by a lower being (such as a dog, that cannot reason).

There are some other things whose essence one can perceive through one's reasoning, such as an idea, or a joke.