Is my car really civic si ?

I just bought a car honda civic 04.. so apperantly the base trim of car is LX but the previous owner did the SI upgrade mod on the car including on engine.. now my question is do i have the power of SI trim in my car or is it just the look ? do i get the same hp as si trim or no ? im not too good with all these things so please help me out

Comments

• If your civic is either a coupe or sedan, then no it is not an Si. Si models for those year and model only came in the Hatchbacks. Did they install a K20 into the car? If it's still the D17 engine, then no it doesn't even have the power of an Si. Hatchback Si came with the lowest tier K series engine which is the black sheep which no one wants.

• You have Si power if the engine had been swapped, but it's still not an Si. The 2004 Civic Si was the only Civic sold in the States as a hatchback. It wasn't even offered in any other bodystyles. If your car started as an LX, it was either a coupe or a sedan. The bodystyles have make a difference in weight, chassis setup, and therefore overall performance. So yes, you do have Si power, but it's still not an Si. To the last answer, the K20 in the Si was is a great engine and at 160 hp, it was still leaps over the D17. IT was first-generation K20... What do you expect? Even the base model RSX used that engine. It's also more turbo-friendly than the K20 offered in the RSX Type S or even newer K20s. Nobody wants it? Seriously, you can't be serious with that statement.

• Fong hit it on the head! my vote for him