Interior architecture/design online program?

I have a BS in mechanical engineering technology but I've always been interested in arch and design. My current situation limits me from moving to a city with an NAAB accredited arch program. Therefore, since there are a few ID programs that can be completed online, I'm considering this as an alternative. I have always been more interested in interiors anyways. I'm looking at art academy online and art institute of Pittsburgh online.

So I guess this is a two part question...

1. Are there any architects and IDs out there who can give a somewhat unbiased perspective of ID as a satisfying alternative. Does the position in real world practice allow you to be in charge of an interior project, is the pay decent at design firms,etc.

2. Any IDs who have taken the program at either of those schools who can attest to the legitimacy of the program with respect to career options. If your resume were to be put against an ID from say Pratt or another campus program for example, all other things being equal.

Long question I know, just want to make sure I'm getting responses I'm looking for. Thanks everyone.

Update:

@aaudesigner1:

Thanks for the info, and no offense, but that seems like a very 'cut and paste' generic response, as if you are working for aau. I've seen a response of yours on another question and you posted the exact same thing. I'm not knocking you for praising AAU, but this is a good example of a cause for my nervousness towards these schools. I gave AI of Pitt my contact info and they call like annoying salespeople, and after reading your response it seems like these schools are just hungry for people to hurry up and register. Whereas brick and mortar schools give you info, suggestions, etc, but with no real hint of being desparate for your attendance. Maybe they are good schools, just makes me a little uneasy though. If you have any other comments that are more based on real world experiences and what not please feel free to share.

Comments

• Academy of Art University’s online programs are totally unique. They combine teachers who are also professional artists and designers, detailed demonstration videos and interactive projects and live chats.

The Interior Architecture & Design program is amazing. You’ll learn more than just Interior Design. The BFA in the Interior Architecture & Design school is accredited by NASAD, WASC and CIDA. You can learn more about the program and where graduates have gone on to work at http://www.academyart.edu/interior-design-school/i...

Another option would be taking Architecture courses online. Academy of Art University’s M.Arch program is accredited online. For more info, visit Academy of Art University’s online programs are totally unique. They combine teachers who are also professional artists and designers, detailed demonstration videos and interactive projects and live chats.

The Interior Architecture & Design program is amazing. You’ll learn more than just Interior Design. The BFA in the Interior Architecture & Design school is accredited by NASAD, WASC and CIDA. You can learn more about the program and where graduates have gone on to work at http://www.academyart.edu/interior-design-school/i...

Another option would be taking Architecture courses online. Academy of Art University’s M.Arch program is accredited online. For more info, visit http://www.academyart.edu/architecture-school/inde...