Contacts burn my eyes?

When I put my contacts in my eyes, they burn like. WOW. If i keep them in, the burning lasts for a minute. Then it goes away. Why is this? IT REALLY HURTS.

Comments

• I HATE when that happens to me!! lol Usually it's because i forget that i just put lotion on. The chemicals on my fingers is what burns my eyes. Check what your solution is too. See if it's extra strong and things like that. Dont forget before you put them in your eyes, rinse and rub them a little so you get all the particles off. They could irratate your eyes and make them red all day. (like i did lol)

• Hi, well the burning could be for many reasons, you can have a lesion in your eye like a corneal ulceration (normally for prolongued use of contacts for example 10 or more hours a day) ,or dryness in your eye (you eye doesn't have enough lubrication and then the lense hurts the cornea, or you are not cleaning properly your contacts. Then, if the burn dissapear in 5 minutes, i don't believe in a damage in your eyes, i think you have care your contacts better. Renu and all those all in one solutions are bad. Im using contacts since 20 years ago and i know what im saying. The best solution are: Cleaning: POLICLEANS II (Alcon) Preserving at night: AOSEPT ( CIBA) Don't forget remove proteins every week with UNIZAME I think if you do this your contacts will be perfectly fine. I had that problem years ago and when a change for this products was like a new start. This products are a little more expensive than Renu but really is a huge difference. Good luck!!!

• If your eyes are sensitive it is probably your contact solution. If you just get a bottle of saline solution and put the contact in your hand after you get it out of your contact case and pour the saline over the contact and rub it. You can also put a drop of the saline on the contact and it helps moisture the eye. It is ready to put in. The burning should stop. Saline is only $2 or $3 a bottle. A bottle last for months. Hope this helps.

• you could be having a reaction to the solution that you use. Try some different brands and see if you like one other then another. I know that with some patients any solution is fine but with others they have to have one certain find or they basically have the same reaction that you just described.

• it could be that your hands are not clean or you still have some soap on them. wash and dry hands good. put a drop of saline in the contact. or eye drops for contact. then put in. and make sure you rinse your contacts off before putting them in. good luck