Political Asylum?

If my family and I are from a South American country that is considered "safe" by a large part of the world, but is in fact an insecure country, we are being persecuted by politicians for revealing a corruption scheme and having contrary opinions we are fit To seek refuge in a country such as Canada or any

Comments

• You must be fleeing imminent danger of persecution, and have proof that you personally are being persecuted for political, religious, etc, reasons. And you must apply at the nearest safe border. Since your country is generally considered safe, you have almost no chance of asylum anywhere.

Canada is not your nearest safe border, so NO chance there. You will be deported for asylum fraud, and permanently barred from filing for asylum anywhere.

• You are free to seek asylum in the next country to your country that is safe, you are not free to 'country shop' and of course you also have to prove your case or you will be denied and returned and banned from 'trying' the same thing in any other country

• If the country's considered safe, you'll find it difficult to seek asylum anywhere

• The countries around me are even worse, the police and the politicians are corrupt, what prevents them from eliminating me and my family in one of these countries?

The question is how to prove the persecution, considering that not even a report of occurrence I can do? Probably the police are with them, because the police here accept bribes and they are influential. Could it be statements I made publicly denouncing their scheme?

• You have to be able to provide proof of such a claim. Just saying it is not enough. You have to have a paper trail that shows how you were persecuted.