how do you remove braces glue?

Ok so I just took my braces off myself but now there is glue still there, how do i get rid of it? ( please dont tell me to make an appointment with an ortho. or dentist, thx;) )

Comments

• Are you not going to the orthodontist because you don't have the money to pay to get them off?

If so let me explain something. Let's say you spent I don't know, $2,000 on getting braces, if you had done the correct thing and got your braces taken off at an ortho. office then the ortho would have given you retainers after they were taken off so your teeth don't go crooked again. But since you are taking them off yourself... you won't get a retainer and your teeth will go back to how they were, in conclusion all of the money you spent getting your braces went down the drain, so you just wasted $2000 dollars when all you had to do was go to any ortho. office and pay around $100-$400 to get them professionally taken off and given a retainer.

• Dental Glue For Braces

• Well you're not supposed to remove your braces yourself...

That's exactly what I'm going to tell you to do: see your orthodontist. When you get your braces off the right way, not even your ortho can get off all the glue, it has to come off over time. They have some metal tools they use to scrape it off, but the rest has to just come off (wouldn't want to scrape your teeth).

My friend did the same thing you did, the glue doesn't come off very easily. I think he tried scraping the glue off, but he couldn't get all of it.

• The only way I know, (i just got my braces off today) is that orthodontists have a special tool that spins and blows out some stinky smelling air that they brush against your teeth and it removes the glue. There really is no other way and I don't recommend you doing this yourself. The spinning things is like a needle.

• Well, you don't want me to tell you to go see your orthodontist... so, I guess you can't remove the glue. Obviously you aren't able to remove your braces without going to the orthodontist, so why would you be able to remove the glue without going?

I'm sure there is some "home-remedy", but you could really damage your teeth!

• I am sure your orthodontist advised you to call your dentist for a cleaning as this will take the rest of the glue off. You must not have heard that part.

• A high speed drill with a special bit that does not remove enamel is used to grind the "glue" off. I would like to know if you can figure out how to do that without seeing a dentist.

• I done the exact same thing and I mixed bicarbonate of soda with peroxide and rubes it on my teeth and that got rid of the glue, but you must rinse you mouth out straight away after

• An orthodontist would use a special serum and scrape it off. That's all I've got. :)

• i actually just got my braces off 2day and my teeth r all white and straight! yay! but i still have some of it on and it wont come off. u have to go back to your ortho and tel them, they get it off.