1998 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7L V8 WS.6 Performance Package!!! Good Cars, yes or no?

I am 16 years old and am about to buy either a truck or a car. My parents want me to get a car for the gas mileage. But I don't know what to do a car or a truck? If I get a car it must be a V8 American made. If I get a truck it must be a V8 4X4. What would you pick teenagers, and the people who were teenagers at one point? The car is a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am 5.7L V8 WS.6 Performance Package with corvette rims and 76,000 miles on it. They want $10,500 for it. What would you people do?

Comments

• If you're 16, I'd go with the the Civic. You'd be eating tree bark with anything else.

• i would get the trans am, but i might be a little biased. the LS1 engine in these cars are bad *** and actually get 30mpg on the highway. At 76k miles, you can still expect a lot more out your engine. aftermarket performance parts for these cars are widespread as well.

is the t/a a 6spd or an auto? any mods done to it? t-tops or hard top?

message me the link to the trans am and ill let you know what i think about it. i own a 98 t/a and i can honestly say you will be very happy with it.

• Have your parents get an insurance quote before sinking that kind of money into a car that's considered high-risk for someone your age.

Fuel economy is the least of your concern if insurance is 3 times the fuel cost.

• I would go for the truck.

The TA has a lot of miles on it, and people who buy them new like to try them out if you know what I mean.

So it has more than likely than not had a hard long life.

Go for a pick up and put a camper shell on it.

You will always have your bed with you.