Does petsmart clip parakeet wings?

if so, wats the fee and is it walk in or by appointment? i cant find their services online :)

Comments

• Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. Make sure the person doing it, knows for sure what they are doing first. I have had the best and worst wing clippings come out of Petsmart.

• definite once you open the wing the 1st 4 often happening feathers are those you clip and basically clip some million-4 inches off, so your poultry does not loose stability. that's extraordinarily lots ordinary. Why waste funds? Why pay somebody ? Do it your self...it is much less stressfu; on your toddler to do it at abode...have faith your self, you're able to do this... diverse components of the U. S. could have slightly diverse expenses. you truly need to call the shop you opt to deliver the birds to with the intention to get their cost. some places value greater for a greater parrot than a small one. call. it is not hard. Have somebody gently carry the poultry wrapped in a washcloth. Clip each feather with twine cutters,mm making particular to no longer decrease any coming up feathers. remember just to do one wing, and you will depart the final one or 2 primaries on the tip.

• Some of the Petsmart's do clip bird's wings, some don't. You'll have to call your local Petsmart to see if the clip parakeet's wings. Petland usually clips all birds wings. Many independent local pet shop clip pet birds' wings, too. An avian vet can clip your parkakeet's wings. My local pet shop charges around $4.00-$5.00 for parakeet wing clipping.

• Free wing trimmings on parakeets at the time of purchase but we can not clip the wings of birds once they have left the store. The banfield may be able to , but the one here does not deal with exotics. They should be able to refer you to somewhere that can, but it is not difficult if you have someone who can help you and wear gloves. You can find videos on youtube.

• petsmart's vet clinic is a dog and cat clinic, they may clip your birds wings but chances are they will do it wrong.

it is much easier to do it yourself. ( worked for an aviary for a long time )

Use a towel to protect your fingers

you will need to cut the first seven primary flight feathers. cut them in half, dont trim them up to the major coverts. you dont want your bird to fly away, but you also dont want it to hurt itself if it trys to fly from the cage. clipping wings to short causes your bird to just fall.... where clipping them in half allows them to flutter down.

i hope that helps, if you dont want to do it yourself you can try petco, i know they clip their sale birds wings.

• only the day you buy the bird

• No I don't think so