How much do contact lenses cost from Costco?

I am nearsighted, but not terribly. I was also thinking about getting a color in the lenses. I would also need them to check out my eyes to figure out my prescription. Does anybody know how much this would cost? I've heard that Costco is the cheapest. Is this true or should I just get my prescription figured out and then just buy the lenses online? Any help with this would be great!

Comments

• I totally agree I would not get ur contact lens from there. Contacts from costco sounds weird. Ur better off going to an actual eye glasses place. Besides the price of contact lens depends on alot of things like ur health insurance, the type of contacts things of that nature. Plus don't buy them online it needs to be fitted.

Edit:

To be honest it depends on where u go. I go to an independent eyeglasses store that has a visiting eye doctor that checks people's eyes. For the exam it was only $50 and to get my contact lens I only had to pay $139 which included two boxes of disposable color contacts and 2 bottles of sterilizing solution for my contacts. Which is the reason why I am telling u not to get ur contact lens from costco. Plus after reading the last answerers response it sounds pretty pricey at costco compared to the independent eye doctor and eye glasses place I went to. Honestly, based on ur situation u should go on connivence...which is unfortunately costco. Lastly, I wouldn't recommend buying ur contacts online as it can be dangerous if u do not chose the right reputable company. It's possible the online store selling the contacts may be a fake and u will lose ur money or worse u get bad quality of fake contact lens that can ruin ur eyes and give u an eye infection. So be careful if u still decide to do so.

• Costco has national brands and will fill your order according to the prescription from your eye doctor (any doctor you choose). If you want to reward the doctor for having contact lenses and the overhead to keep them in stock and/or order them and doing your eye care, then yes, indeed give them the additional business and profit. However, if you have to pay out of pocket 100%, especially, buy your lenses as cheaply as possible. Every lens is factory sealed. If they are not stored properly they can be deformed, but that can happen all along the way from the factory no matter who supplies it. You can always return any lenses that have problems and the seller or manufacturer should honor replacement, after all that is what they are in business to do.

• I would definitely recommend getting contacts from Costco!

Yes, they are much cheaper than independent optometrists.

For your exam, you should look around and call different places to ask for their prices.

There's an independent optometrist at Costco too, but you should still call to ask for price first.

From where I live, I got my contact lens exam for $109, usually it should be around 80 to 90, but with astigmatism, it's higher.

For my astigmatism lenses from Costco, it's $32/box (6 weeks supply).

I called another optometry place and the quote was $50/box.

Online, the best deal was $29, but shipping and handling was almost $10 or $15.

SO I just went to Costco, you need to put in an order, they will have it in 3-5 business days.

Research around and see what's the best option on prices. It does cost a lot.

• some one told me the contact lenses from costco are "knock offs" weird--what do you think

• Costco is definitely the cheapest!!! and costco has the same brand of contacts as everywhere else only cheaper

• For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/HSokS

it's about $32 per box. i think it's cheaper then regular ones, but it may also depend on the brand that you want. i hope this helps, and your lucky that your mom would let you get some.......my mom won't let me.....:(

• they are not costco brand contact lenses ........

they actually have brands like acuvue 2 and oasys

• i wouldnt get them from there.......