Chemo side effect help?

I'm 20 and I've been having chemo for the past 6 months for colon cancer. One of the side effects have been the skin on my hands and feet have gone really dark and dry. I've been told this affects younger people more.

The skin on my feet peels off so the soles of my feet are really raw and red on some days, and really painful when I walk, like today. I wear thick, soft socks but it still hurts. Does anyone know how it can be soothed or less painful?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Gold C. - First off, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I also have to do chemo all the time. They sell a green tea skin cream in health food stores. I also wear two pairs of socks each day to help it hurt less. I also wear gloves when I am out, to keep the sun off and germs away. Some people wear white cotton socks to bed to help, but I can't do this, it drives me crazy. I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck to you. I hope you get past this soon. Take care.

• Use Bag Balm on your hands and feet. It is protective and promotes healing. Good luck.