How do you express yourself?

when you are shy or nervous and don't talk that much.

Comments

• Hi angel baby.

I have been very shy for most of my life. That used to make me very quiet. Later on, though, it did the opposite — I would talk too much. I learned that very often shy people can act that way; the silence is too much to tolerate. If I am with someone who is confident, then I tend to be quiet. However, if I am with someone who is ALSO shy, I can feel their discomfort. So, I start to talk non-stop, so that there isn't any awkward silence, and so the other person can relax.

I am not as shy now as I was when I was younger. Also, once I get to know someone, the shyness goes away. It took some years before the shyness left me. I started by accepting that I was shy. I no longer pushed myself to say SOMETHING; I simply told the person that I was shy. That seemed to take the pressure off me; being quiet was then OK.

I learned to get over my shyness by making eye contact. I realized that I was not doing that. So I made up a rule — I had to know what color eyes the person I was talking with had I also made sure that I smiled at the person. After a while, it became like 2nd nature to me. I also learned to be a good listener. I learned to ask questions that required more than "yes or no" for an answer.

Over time, most of the shyness left me — not all of it, but most of it. Now, even when I do feel shy, I can look people in the eyes, smile at them, and ask them about themselves. When they talk to me, I am a good listener, and I continue the eye contact. Then I start to relax.

It's OK if you feel a little bit shy; many people are. Once I realized that lots of people are shy, I didn't feel so bad about it. That helped make it go away, also.

Peace.

• I'm sorry, Angel Baby. I have never had that problem. I don't have a shy bone in my body. I talk to everybody and anybody, strangers, cops, cashiers, guys, ladies, kids, dogs, cats, squirrels---yes, I do say, "Hello squirrel" when I see one.

Are you shy? Start by saying "hi" to the squirrels, and work your way up...

• I had to overcome that I still am working at it but that is the only way.

I have to build myself up in my head as someone that is desirable and that gives me the confidence and self assurance.

• I try to make a small joke or some other small talk.... to try to break the ice...

• with my eyes.I have very expressive eyes,for those who know me I can't hide a thing.

• just be yourself that way your more at ease

• i tend to blush and turn away

• i would yell or yell :-)