Is a 2000 KIA Sportage a good car to buy?

80,000 miles put into....

Comments

• It has a Mazda FE-DOHC style engine. It's a pretty good engine design.

And it has an extra airbag on the knee bolster where most cars do not so it should be fair at least in a frontal collision.

Most of the problem is that to most consumers, KIA is a throwaway car. You put gas in it until it dies then discard. There's a pretty good probablility that maintenance has been non-existant.

I've seen more 100,000+ mile Sportages than any other car in Kia's lineup.

But I wouldn't trust one to be a daily driver. Not unless I knew for a fact that it had received at least some of the recommended maintenance.

• probably not a good choice. it's value is less than $2,500.00 and it does have a lack of dependability. buying a newer model kia is much better. say 2006 and up. with the rebates available and the low cost of brank new kia cars and suv's why not try that? if you are strapped for cash and need a good deal you are not gonna find it a a car lot. anyway, steer clear of the 2000 kia sportage.

• My job is working on cars and I have worked on some Kia Sportages some are junk because they are not taken care of and I have a customer that drives his state to state and has over 250k miles on it. 80K miles is not bad if the car has been taken care of. Before you buy this car have it checked out to see what is needed and what will be needed. If it hasent been taken care of dont buy it.

• No! Read up on the car in that yr range & you'll see they are plagued by a long history of multiple issues. Plus that car has very poor reliability & even worse resale.

• I'm not sure but they check out how i lost a bunch of weight GLASSCOP.COM

• purchaseusedcar.info works