Windows XP Service Pack 3..?

Hello, For the holidays I got a Canon Rebel, But that's not the point. I installed the software, nothing went wrong. But when I plug my camera in, the "Found new Hardware Wizard" pops up, and asks to install the camera stuff. Which is normal. But when I click "Next>" it searches for something, And then says

"Please insert the Compact Disk labelled 'Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD' into your CD-ROM drive (E:) then click OK. You can also click OK if you want files to be copied from an alternate location, such as a floppy disk or a network server."

Well, I tried to download and install it from the Windows Update Centre. Turns out I don't have the Windows XP Service Pack 2. So I tried to install that. I waited for it .. And it says "The following update was not completed: The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)"

As I can see, that is for Microsoft Office. I have tried downloading IT Professionals and it doesn't work either.. can someone please help.. ?

Update:

It says I need Service Pack 2 to get SP3 ..

Comments

• get in touch via IM "[email protected]" if you still need help................. will be around for 10 more minutes........

and DO NOT reinstall your Operating System......... not necessary............

• XP SP3 involve revamped descriptive options to the graphical interface of the Security Center. On top of this, XP SP3 will also support FIPS 140-1 Level 1 cryptography implemented as a DLL at kernel level, opening up new algorithms to developers via the Kernel Mode Cryptographic Module. The black hole router detection system will be evolved along with the integration of Vista's Network Access Protection module. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5; IPsec Simple Policy Update; Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0; Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0; Digital Identity Management Service (DIMS); Peer Name Resolution Protocol 2.1; Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) 2 and Windows Installer 3.1 v2

• First it was SP3 and then you mentioned SP2.. You DO understand if you have SP3 and it asks for SP2 that SP3 is okay right? Now if you DONT have M.O. 2007 it WONT install the updated yunno?

Im a bit confused here, well here is SP3 for XP http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/3/0/d30e3...

Now if you need something here- I DO Have IT for XP. I own a XP Support Site that 100% Free. I tried my best here, to understand. Click my nameabd contact me for further help. When you restarted your PC- it should of found the driver?

• it is very unusual bcoz it never happens and the operating system already has the drivers for all the cameras of gud companies especially like canon. some prob with op. sys. try reinstalling it