I think my dog is depressed?

He used to always play and everthing . He was really happy and ever since my step-dad's gone to the mines, (2 weeks on , 1 week off) he hasn't been himself. I'll try and play with him but he only plays for a little while before he just goes and sits somewhere else. I often catch him just sitting on the ground which he doesn't usually do. He casually vomits atleast once when my step-dads gone and he barely ever gives he cuddles like he used to . Is he okay or should I see a vet a something?

Comments

• Hi,

I have had this happen with my dog fretting for my partner when he used to work away.

It won't hurt to have him checked out by the vet just in case he is sick.

I actually helped my dog by putting one of my partners old sweaters in his bed while he was away, that way he got the smell of my partner. this seemed to really help.

I also would take him for a special walk while he was gone as well. This was to the local lake. I would only take him there while my partner was away never while he was there. So it became our own special time thathe loved and I would give him a treat when we got back.

I hope this helps.,

• The vomiting makes me say have the vet check him out.

He might just be missing your step-dad, are they close? But the vomiting is worrying. not really part of separation for dogs. Any difference in his diet when step-dad is gone?