ughh low self-esteem issue? please help :(?

I'm a sophomore,ever since school started this year I've been trying to look my best but no matter what I end up comparing myself to all the pretty girls in my classes cause I don't look like them. I'm short and wide so everything about me seems stubby. and theres a guy that I like and he seems to kind of like me but he also talks to the pretty girls and i feel like i have nothing to offer because I'm too shy and I come off as a b*tch sometimes and it makes me feel horrible, i feel like crying sometimes. I really just want to become a better person but how?

Comments

• Low self-esteem is just a bunch of crap. It's like running a race, and you choose to run the race uphill while everyone else runs it downhill. It makes no sense and you'd do 5000 times better if you ran it downhill.

Just be a friendly person. Take pride in your appearance. Take care of your body (eat right and exercise.) Every time you think something negative, say two positive comments. And always think positive about yourself and others. And if the guy likes another girl, so what? Move on. He isn't the only male left in the world. Don't be a super clingy girl that crushes on him, but act like a good friend and he'd be more likely to like you. But if he doesn't, then accept him as a good friend and move on (I got this exact comment from a guy friend today about a mutual female friend).

And I know a lot of girls that aren't super thin or go tanning or have perfect hair and nails that have gotten really good boyfriends that are sweet and kind and fun. They may not be football jocks, but they're all around great guys. And they got them because of their personalities. Be yourself and be fun and be nice.

• well try not to b so much of a *****, and theres guys that like thick girls..try being nice give more compliments. and if u think ur gonna act like a ***** again jus stop and think and breath. its gonna take time to be a better person u'll need to work on it and believe me i used to be the biggest ***** but now im only one when someone comes to me with an attitude...dont worry bout it ok. jus work on it

• thinking negatively only makes our environment around you damaging. only understand that their isn't something it quite is optimal and a few day we are all going to experience damaging yet you would be unable to make that shop us down. attempt to entice close out with extra those that have self assurance and you'd be able to locate it rubbing off. remember that your physique replace into given to you for a reason and we are all eye-catching in different approaches. attempt to think of certainly with the aid of fact remember "A rose via the different call could smell only as candy. desire that facilitates.

• im having the same issues as you, cept im a freshman, lol. but i know how it is, and its tough. and if the guy only likes the pretty girls cuz theyre pretty then hes not worth your time anyway. just be yourself, and youll find someone that will love you for who you are, not whether or not youre tall and skinny and popular and all that. :)

• just have fun with ur life and stop worrying about what people think its what u think

i have a ok life and i make the best out of it i will partyboy people in walmart all day but what does it matter what people think CAUSE IM HAVING FUN!!! :)