sentra spec v?

i have a sentra spec v stock i am trying to reach 200hp from 175 hp i was wondering if with a nismo cold air intake,nismo headers and a nismo exhaust will reach 200hp or at least close to 200hp

Comments

• I agree with the other poster. Sell the car, and try something else.

For one, you don't have 175 hp. You have 152 at the wheels. The 175 is advertised engine horsepower, which is completely worthless information. As soon as you put an intake, exhaust, transmission, etc on an engine, you lose power. And regardless of what intake/exhaust you put on the car, it's still a restriction, so they will not add anything to your rated horsepower.

In other words, an engine rated at 175, with an intake and exhaust....is still rated at 175. Because you haven't changed the engine itself.

So, based on real world dynos; you have 152.

To get up to 200, you need to gain 48 hp.

An intake, headers, and exhaust will get you to around 167 or so. In best case scenario. You will also lose horsepower in your low rpm, so your acceleration will suffer.

Here, look:

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/impp_0312_ni...

If you think it's worth $1600 for a measly 14 horsepower, go right ahead.

Oh, and yes, you're buying Nismo parts, but the performance will be about the same.

Since you still need 32 more horsepower to get to your goal of 200....you're looking at a total investment of around $5500.

You could buy a better, faster car, for less.

• of course not, you might get ten with good tune. if you didn't buy the parts yet go ahead and sell you're moms sentra to the dump and get a new better car to tune.