specs or contact lenses what do you prefer?

my specs keep bending due to kids and dropping them etc.i did have contact lenses but i have an astigmatism and need hard contact lenses which were uncomfortable.what do you prefer?

Comments

• im very self-conscious when wearing glasses so i started wearing contact lenses 2 years ago at a young age. However after alot of hassle with them such as eyes being to tired, folding behind eye and last week i had to go to the eye hospital to get a piece of torn lense from my cornea....i'm only wearing them on weekends!!! who cares what other people think when i'm wearing glasses?!

however everyone else i know who wears lenses have never had these problems so it all depends on your technique and lense. I also have astigmatism and wear "focus dailies Toric lenses" which aren't that different from the original focus dailies.

Good luck =) xxx

• I would love to wear lenses. I used to wear them but as you get older, it gets more difficult to get the prescription exactly right. Now I just have glasses but I wish I could wear lenses. So, since you are clearly young enough I'd give the lenses another go, try daily disposables. They should be able to manage the astigmatism.

• I wear glasses. They make ones with frames that snap back...ask about that. Contact lenses are so irritating for me...no can do!

• i prefer the specs......i feel uncomfortable with contacts

• Contacts no contest!

• specks i just cant stand things stuck on my eyeballs yuk