Is Nature Valley a GMO Product?

Im really into Nature Valley granola bars and I cant figure out if they are non GMO or a GMO product(Monsanto)

Comments

• Unfortunately, yes. This link shows a pretty complete list of companies that I choose to boycott because they have sold their souls to Monsanto https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559065...

Do you have a smart phone? If you are concerned about buying Monsanto products, there is a great link that you can get from www.buycott.com which allows you to view (or create) a number of campaigns that are important to you. No to Monsanto is just one of many. Once you have downloaded it and selected your campaigns, scan the bar codes of food products you already have in your home as well as potential purchases in the supermarket.

I was recently in a supermarket and I scanned the bar code on a bottle of Prego pasta sauce. I was saddened to find out that it's parent company is Campbell's (as in Campbell's Soup) and they are in bed with Monsanto. Therefore, I will not be buying Prego anymore.

I hope that this helps and I wish you all the best!

EDITED UPDATE @ POINEE GMO food and vaccines actually do have similarities. They are both very useful in poor 3rd world countries where starvation is rampant and the diet is so poor that the person's immune system is depressed. GMO food will help to feed them but it also increases their chances for cancer and other diseases/disorders. Vaccines will help against the spread of Malaria and other diseases - an issue we do not see much of in the developed countries. There is a problem with GMO vaccines in the United States. There is an emerging body of evidence indicates that vaccines can damage a child’s developing immune system and brain, leading to debilitating and life-threatening disorders like autism, ADHD, asthma, peanut allergies, juvenile diabetes, or to SIDS, death itself. http://vran.org/ It seems like GMO is dangerous in foods and vaccines. Maintaining a healthy immune system is the best defense against mumps, chicken pox and other childhood diseases.

@ JESUS: Wow, I thought that Jesus was supposed to be kind man and lead by example. You accused me of “purposefully fear-mongering by spreading false information” and yet you offered no evidence to back your words. You referred to the “latest published studies that show the importance of vaccines.” And yet you failed to show any of them. Do you also still believe that tobacco is safe and does not cause cancer – despite all the evidence proving that there is a strong link? You said to “ask any credible biologist or medic” regarding the validity of my claims? What makes them credible? Are the only credible if they work for a major pharmaceutical or if they work for a lab where they are required to come up with a favorable result for the study? Do they lack credibility if they work for an independent, neutral lab dedicated to finding and publishing the truth regardless whether it supports the product or not? How do YOU define “credible”. When you look at studies, it is also important to know who sponsored the study. If it is sponsored by the Center for Disease Control or the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD – a division of the CDC), you need to understand that the NCIRD promotes vaccination so they will not come out and tell you the truth. They are in the hooks of the pharmaceuticals. And what makes a credible “medic”?

Have you read the book, “Bad Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients by Dr. Ben Goldacre http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Pharma-companies-patient... Dr. Goldacre is a well-respected British physician who is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. He was a research fellow at the Institute of Psychiatry in London in 2008, and a Guardian research fellow at Nuffield College, Oxford, in 2009. As of 2012 he is Wellcome research fellow in epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Is he credible? If you are open to learning, watch these fun and enlightening videos.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/311149-1

http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_what_doctors...

http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_battling_bad...

Once you see these, you can then make a more informed decision. Meanwhile, I assure you that I am not a fear-monger and I do not belong in the dark ages.

• almost ninety% of the soy crop grown interior america of a is GMO, as are maximum wheat-kinfolk, corn, and rice grains. GMO's have been immediately related to the great boost in relatively some vehicle-immune ailments/subject concerns that have been surfacing over the previous couple of generations. Steer sparkling! additionally, do slightly examine on the saturated fat and ldl cholesterol nutritional myths. If "saturated fat" became into so undesirable for us, then coconut and uncooked virgin coconut oil does not be between the healthiest ingredients on the planet that we are able to eat - "saturated fat" and all. same is going for eggs, and ldl cholesterol.

• Anyone know a good oat meal brand that is GMO free? So bummer Nature valley is not. Is Bear Naked?

• Jesus is incorrect, over half of the "science" we have believed in is junk science bought and paid for by corporations to sell their poison to make money and Monsanto s GMO products have been declared a class 2A carcinogen by the World Health Organization who Monsanto is suing to get them to retract their study, is that a good enough source for ya? so much for the corrupt US data. You really need to stop the being brainwashed and start using that God given brain to do more then parrot the corporate we want to own it all propaganda

• mgctouch is purposefully fear-mongering by spreading false information. anyone with half a brain can check out the latest published studies that show the importance of vaccines. people like him belong in the dark ages-ask any credible biologist or medic.

• I remember that vaccines are GM. does that mean you don't get vaccinated?