Is god a dichotomy paradox?

Aesop's Fable

The Tortoise and the Hare

The Hare was once boasting of his speed before the other animals. "I have never yet been beaten," said he, "when I put forth my full speed. I challenge any one here to race with me."

The Tortoise said quietly, "I accept your challenge."

"That is a good joke," said the Hare; "I could dance round you all the way."

"Keep your boasting till you've won," answered the Tortoise. "Shall we race?"

So a course was fixed and a start was made. The Hare darted almost out of sight at once, but soon stopped and, to show his contempt for the Tortoise, lay down to have a nap. The Tortoise plodded on and plodded on, and when the Hare awoke from his nap, he saw the Tortoise just near the winning-post and could not run up in time to save the race.

Then the Tortoise said: "Slow but steady progress wins the race."

Now do you believe the animals really talked?

Was Aesop real?

Could a hare fall asleep in the middle of a race?

In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead.

—Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b15

The dichotomy paradox

That which is in locomotion must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal.

—Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b10

Do any of the arguments for or against mean anything if you overlook the moral of the story? Really you can argue either side all day long...

Just like god.

Comments

• see your being bias. In order to have some truth and fact, you cannot pick sides, and you are already doing that, so this question is flawed, the fact the you posted two sources from the same person, is proof your not ready for a real challenge, i can make your head spin so fast, you will have to look it up every word in the dictionary.

If you really want to prove your worth, go ahead and see what i mean, try to answer my question. go to my name and look up my questions should still be there for next few days.

After not being able to answer it, do you really want me to give you my thought on this horribly written statement?

bit of advice when pointing out opinions. make sure it comes from 3 sides. yours the there's and God's, if you can understand that than you will have your answer, if not, hold your head from it spinning. cause chances are no one will even understand what i just spun you

Get off the God topics and pray for forgiveness.

• Illusion is that which appears, seems real, but then disappears like a mirage but Truth (reality) is that which is and has been always. Self is a delusion that mixes and dilutes Truth (reality) with illusion. Time is a word we use to describe illusion and its nature while Life is Truth and is always. Life is already Eternal but it is the deluded mind that mixes Life and time and then lives by the philosophy of "lifetime". We have been given time in order to make a decision of which we want more Truth which brings us the nature of the Truth or more illusion which brings us the nature of illusion. Death is the result of the nature of illusion. We must reap what we sow. God simply doesn't want us to wait til we die but to realize the Truth now and humble the time created and therefore illusory self identity for the sake of the Truth which is the imagless Spirit of Life our loving Father whom Jesus came to introduce us to and to teach us how to humble the self.

• there is not any argument of the existence of pink, this is shown that the colour pink exists, based on the reality that we are able to work out it, elementary as day. this is the important stunning there. removing the argument of existence may be removing the mandatory foundation of atheism.

• You quickly run into nonsense if you try to analyze an allegory in detail.

• Only if the other side doesn't understand the argument- unfortunately.

• You're suggesting that somebody (anywhere) has at least "half" proven god exists?

Ummmm....no, I don't think so....

• No, a delusion.

• if it makes you happy than it can be that bad.

• I...don't see it. But sure, why not?