How do you upgrade video ram?

I have the video ram setting set to family setting. I know my windows 7 has more video ram than that. How do you change to the max amount of ram.

Comments

• If you were an Electrical Engineer you could do it by changing out the chip set in a video card. Im guessing your not.

Next what you could do is overclock your video card. This is extremely hard even for experienced pc builders. I don't suggest doing this either. On the other hand you can buy software that goes in and overclocks your Video card by over clocking your CPU, Ram and Video card.

Best bet would be to buy a new video card.

I would probably do the second option because that's the type of stuff i like to do. This is why I gave you three different options because i don't know what type of person you are.

Good luck, and I hope you chose the fun way to fix your problem.

• "Windows 7" has no RAM. As far as I know, the only way to upgrade video RAM is to simply buy a video card with more VRAM.

• What do you mean by family setting? You can't add VRAM without getting a new graphics card, and you likely won't need more VRAM, just a better chip.

• you're no longer giving out adequate information so i'd close usually: verify in the experience that your motherboard helps PCI convey or AGP video playing cards, to run video games it extremely is optimal to enable a video card cope with the image lots, and get a minimum of 1GB of ram in case you're utilising WinXP or Win Vista domicile situation-loose (2GB or extra in case you're working Win Vista domicile top rate or extra constructive). get carry of loose utility CPU-Z to get to renowned extra constructive your equipment specs and run "dxdiag" in start up>run.

• You can't add VRAM. Closest you'll get to adding VRAM is buying a new graphics card with more VRAM if you have a desktop.

• If it is possible to increase it it will be in the bios settings

• buy a new video card!

or

you can try overclocking it!