Fair Trade?

My ESPN league just started their playoffs this week (two-week matchups). We are a 10-man league with the top 6 making the playoffs.

This morning, our #1 seed and #8 seed made the following trade:

#1 - Drew Brees and Andre Ellington

#8 - DeMarco Murray

As the league manager, I vetoed this trade. I felt that this was an obvious attempt at beefing up a playoff-bound team and having a fire sale for those not in. Of course, this has started a pretty heated debated between the two managers because they think I overstepped my powers. Is this an attempt at collusion and should I have vetoed the trade?

QB - Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

RB - Jeremy Hill

Andre Ellington

Lamar Miller

WR - Mike Wallace

Martavis Bryant

Brandon LaFell

Odel Beckham Jr.

TE - Rob Gronkowski

Martellus Bennett

Packers

K - Caleb Sturgis

Comments

• The obvious question, is why would you allow trading this late in the season. The playoffs are about to start, and you still allow trades?

Just judging the trade, what's wrong with it? Team 8 can use the QB upgrade, while going down from Murray to Ellington, and Team 1 is trading a QB they don't even need for a RB upgrade. I'd hardly call getting Drew Brees a fire sale.

The only reason to not allow the trade would be that one team is out of the playoffs... which goes back to why would you have a trading deadline so late?

Is it an attempt at collusion? I don't know the guys. When you asked team 8 "Ummm, your season is over, why are you trading?", what did he say?

Do teams 7 & 8 play for anything or not?

• Update : #8

QB - Philip Rivers

RB - Steven Jackson

Shane Vereen

DeMarco Murray

Ronnie Hillman

Brandon Oliver

WR - Sammy Watkins

Vincent Jackson

Dwayne Bowe

John Brown

TE - Dwayne Allen

Zach Ertz

• I would not have vetoed the trade. It's not a clear case of collusion. Just because it's better on one side of the deal than the other doesn't make it vetoable.

• its not a bad trade. it is a good qb and a good rb for a great rb. in 10 man leagues its hard not to have at least one stacked team