1996 Mercedes E320?

My car will not crank. I put the key in the ignition and it will turn but it doesn't turn over to crank. I had the battery checked it isn't that. Is it possible that the alarm killed the engine? If so please advise on how to correct the problem or if it could be something else please let me know? Thank you very much.

Comments

• If the car does not see a signal from a couple of things it will not start. It looks for fuel and spark if either is missing the computer will not let the car start. The alarm system will not cause the problem. Take the car to a shop that can test it not something you can do yourself.

• You may need to get it checked because the starting is electronic, so it may be a bigger problem. Ask the dealer if you cant get your car there or get a mechanic to your house.

• the only prudent way is to use a scanner or best is to use a star diagnosis computer and from there, you may be able to find the fault/s and take the necessary step to address it, where are you located?

• need to bring it a qualified mechanic for a check up, u didnt say how many miles it had on it but I summize it has enough to warrant a new starter.