x'mas deco?

i live in somewhere where people here are not celebrating x'mas. even we only have 1 day to celebrate just in 25 and the 26 is back to normal day, school, work... no holiday here... any idea to make a decoration. i can't decorate outside my house... it would be impolite to neighbours. we already have 1 tree in the living room and 1 in my bedroom. i want to make more spirit in my family... cause we don't really have the spirit. any idea? please...

Comments

• get an advent calendar for the kids..to help build the excitement and really enjoy the "season"!

lots of baking! Filling the house with great "smells" is great for kicking in the spirit. Candles, music in the house, reading Christmas stories at night , and watching holiday movies may help as well.

As long as you can decorate inside..decorate away..if you feel awkward , just keep it simple..easy up..easy down. And the kids can make some homemade crafts to put up.

• Where the heck do you live? I wouldn't care what my neighbor thinks as long as I am within my rights and thiers. Is there a law where you are that you cannot celebrate or show that you celebrate Christmas?

Anyway, you can keep it simple and just do your tree, some lights and a wreath on the door. But then put your energy into fun games and traditions. The idea about the advent calander was a great one.

We used to make a small manger out of whatever we could and placed a box of straw next to it. The idea was to make sure that the manger was full of straw for the baby Jesus by Christmas, but you could only put in a piece of straw by doing a good deed for someone in the family or a neighbor. No one could know what you did and you tried not to let them see you put the straw in the manger. It was a good feeling to see it fill up, knowing everyone was busy doing little things for others.

Another thing we did was to buy a few board games and wrap them, and the last few days before Christmas, we would open one game a day and play it together as a family to help the kids to cope with thier anticipation. Plus, we did something as a family.

You could also try baking cookies and handing them out to your neighbors who do not want to celebrate, just as an act of friendship and goodwill, to show them why you celebrate Christmas.

Be sure to play lots of festive music and read the story of the birth of Jesus from the Gospel of Luke to help keep everyones perspective.

I hope you all have a Blessed Christmas.

• I wouldn't worry about being impolite to your neighbors! Why should you have to enjoy the best time of the year around your neighbors! I would go ahead and put up your decorations..who cares what other people think...They have their preferences and you have yours! Go ahead and have fun!!!

Good Luck Hun!

• So what celebrate your holiday. Put some decorations out.

• Hang christmas lights inside your house, around doorways, around the tops of the kitchen cabinets, etc. Play some christmas music and bake some christmas cookies!

• put your decorations up inside do x mas crafts and eat turkey