Do you guys think i made a good trade?

Recently, i traded a 1994 toyota camry that ran good for a 1990 jeep cherokee larado jeep that runs good. will the jeep last as long as a toyota?? the toyota has280,000 miles on it, the jeep currently has 161,000 on it. any thoughts on it, hopefully from people that know something about jeeps...thanks

Comments

• Both vehicles will last a long time with the proper maintenance. There are some pros and cons to the trade. Pros: less mileage, towing capabilities, more room, more power, less damage if you get in an accident, safer, off road capabilities, easier to work on engine and mechanics, support American products.

cons: worse gas mileage.

I was involved in a car accident with an Accra legend, similar to Camry. The Accura was totaled, i drove away with little more than damaged bumpers. Japanese cars are nothing more than glorified sardine cans. They get good gas mileage but I wouldn't feel safe in one. My jeep is 96 Cherokee with only 117,000 miles but still runs like it's new. My buddy has a 92 Laredo with 460,000 miles, he just got back from an 800 mile round trip with no problems, in bad weather conditions. I think you made a great decision.

• The Jeep won't last as long. It's American, it's 4 years older, it doesn't have the same tolerances in how it was built and being an SUV it's going to have been used harder and run harder, causing premature wear.

The 1994 Camry was a good model. The 1990 Cherokee was nothing spectacular.

• SUVs need more maintenance on average than cars do. They also use more gas and your insurance premium may be higher. You'll spend more money using the Cherokee.

The Cherokee is 18 years old, so even if it had 80,000 miles on it, things will start to need replacement, like door seals.

Personally, I would have kept the Toyota. If a car runs good, why get rid of it for something that may not? Toyotas also get better mileage and need less maintenance.

Just my take.

• You did a very good deal! The guy you traded was ripped off, the Jeep Cherokee will run for a long time!

• Thats a lot of miles on a Toyota, but they are good vehicles.

I recently traded my Jeep Grand Cherk. I was a good vehicles, but I recently had to make a lot of repairs on it. Jeep had 108000. Guess what though, I traded in in on a Toyota Tacoma.

• You should have kept the Toyota because those last a LONG time. I know someone that has a '90 Toyota Pickup truck with 500,000+ Miles and It still runs good.

• i have a 99 wrangler with 256k miles on it. it is my daily driver and i love the little booger. as long as you keep up on the maintenance and change stuff when it should be changed, a jeep will probably last longer than you will. have a jeep day!!

• Yeah..I agreed with the first answer...You should have kept the Toyota... They are better cars, hardly ever break down.

Jeeps are known for transmittion problems...

• I probably would have kept the toyota, unless you encounter dirt roads and high ground clearance situations. Even though it has higher mileage its probably still more reliable then the jeep...

• The Jeep should last you just as long if it was maintained well....I'd say , off the facts you gave me, you made a good trade