2008 Acura TSX or TL?

According to Yahoo Auto, the MSRP IS $28,190 for

2008 Acura TSX and $33,725 for 2008 Acura TL. One of the car dealers quoted me something like $26,000 for TSX and $29,800 for TL.

Can some auto gurus share your expert opinion on getting a better purchasing price?

Thanks very much.

http://autos.yahoo.com/acura_tsx/

http://autos.yahoo.com/acura_tl/

Comments

• If the cars are similarly equipped and you can afford the difference, I would go with the TL.

The TSX is based on the European Accord which is between our Accord and the Civic and is a little more sporting to drive. The TL is based on the US Accord so it's roomier.

The TSX has a four cylinder so it gets better gas mileage than the TL, which has a 6.

Both cars have been around for a few years now, so they are due for new models. This means that you can either wait for the new ones or use that information to get better prices on the current ones.

Personally, I think the TL is the best looking car that Honda has ever made.

• For me it would be an 08 TL. One good reason is it is the last of a generation. Which you could say means all the kinks have been worked out. With a first year into a new design there may be something that needs addressed. As far as the old TSX it was entry level. The TL was way better. The TSX used to only have a 4 cylinder. Save money on the 08. Just my 2 cents. You really can't go wrong with Honda quality anyway! The TSX still is a 4 Cylinder at 201 HP. The TL is a 6 Cylinder at 258 HP. The base price of a TSX is 29K. The base price of a TL is 33.7K. The TL is considerably more expensive. Now if you can get one for the same price. Go for the TL.

• I think both of the above reviews are very good, and give you some useful insights.

I drive an '06 TL, and like it very much.

The prices you've been quoted seem pretty decent to me, slightly less for the TL than what I paid through a So Cal Auto Club (AAA) fleet purchase plan.

It helps to find out what the car's price from the manufacturer is, and what the destination, holdback, prep, add-on charges (if applicable), etc., are. That gives you a framework to start from. And of course, buying at the end of the month when salespeople are stressed to make their quotas usually provides the best opportunity to negotiate your best price. Best of success!

• I bought a TSX after looking at both. It's a matter of taste and needs. I wanted a gas sipping car that was fun to drive and had navigation. The TL was too big and honky for me. I didn't need all that room and didn't want to pay higher gas prices to lug it around. I love my TSX and it's the perfect car for me. It's a great get around town car, it drives zippy, and you can floor it once in a while and get some good acceleration (I got the 6-speed MT), and it's very functional. The rear fold down allows me to take lots of luggage and groceries, the back seat is good for 2 comfortably or 3 in a pinch. I'll drive it til it's good 100,000 before I sell it or trade it in. I'm at 35,000 now and I love it.

• Check out Edmunds and Kelley for best possible price you should expect to pay.

Check the cost of ownership - the maintenance on the two might vary slightly so one may have some higher month to month / year to year costs. (And at the point - you may want to get insurance quotes to see if either one is drastically different - I would doubt it).

I was debating about the two cars about a year or two ago as I paid off my RSX. I researched the info you were looking for but couldn't find any major differences - though I don't recall them as I gave up replacing my RSX as it's in great shape and can't see giving it up.

Good luck!

• 2008 Tsx

• I love my tsx so much.

<3

Both are nice and stylish. I would go for the TL if you can afford it but I dont reqret my tsx since its around my budget. I would reccommend test driving one. Good luck with it!

• get the tl type s

• id get a tl.