Is balsamic vinegar fattening as a dressing?

im trying to make healthier lifestyle changes, inorger to get fit. I was never a salad person, hated it infact, but recently the following recipe has made me obsessed with eating it everyday

the salad contains iceberg lettuce, frisse greens, cucumbers, fresh pitted olives and balsamic vinegar.thats it, but even though i put hardly a tbsp n a half of balsamic vinegar, that got me thinking, is it fattening 0.0

thnx a ton

any alternate suggestions of healthy dressing which are low cal n low fat

Comments

• The only fattening bit of that salad is the olives really but dont get rid of them because olives do have health benefits- Rich in iron and vit.E

Also I found this info-

It's true that olives do have some fat, but it's the incredibly healthy monounsaturated variety. Monounsaturated fats have been found to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and increase HDL (good) cholesterol.

However, olives contain a triple whammy for your health that works in synergy to provide extreme benefits. Along with monounsaturated fats, olives are rich in vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant that neutralizes damaging free radicals, along with polyphenols and flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.

It is the combination of these three health-boosting compounds that make olives:

Have a protective effect on cells that can lower the risk of damage and inflammation

Help reduce the severity of asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis

Help prevent heart disease

Help prevent colon cancer

Help prevent the frequency and intensity of hot flashes in women going though menopause

• Well just tossing the warm pasta in it would be good, kinda like a warm pasta salad. I don't think it needs to be thickened. If you really want something thick to spoon over pasta I'd suggest making a roux out of olive oil and flour, cook it out a bit, but keep it white/blond. Then add the salad dressing, and if it's still too thick, some of the pasta water or for a creamier version milk or cream, a spoonful at a time, until you get the texture you want.

• No, the balsamic vinegar has almost no calories. However, the olives are high fat (5 small olives=1 tsp oil), so just don't overdo it on the olives, even though they are healthy, if you are trying to lose weight.