How do I remove dry mucus from my babies nose ?

My daughter is always having a stuffy nose. She's only 6 weeks old and Its hard for her to feed because of her nose. I've tried the nasal aspirator to get it out but I think the mucus is too dry to get it out. I've also tried the Little Noses- saline drops but that only helps a little bit. What can do use or do to remove the "boogers"

Comments

• I used a cotton swab moistened with the Little Noses stuff, first put it in... let it sit, cleaned it up :) easy breezy

• Mucus Removal From Nose

• Sounds like your doing what I would've originally suggested. maybe try buying a cool mist or ultrasonic humidifier, they're usually about $20-$30 at K-Wal-Mar-Target...

Keep it running in the room she's in, even place her a bit close to it while she's lying around or playing. Make sure to use distilled or RO water in the humidifier.

Hard question though. Maybe a warm damp cloth too over her sinuses.

Also if you want you can massage her sinuses (they're actually little holes in the skull that the mucus moves through). They're right next to the nose by the eyes, and above the eyebrows close to the sides of her face (as opposed to the side of the eyebrow closer to the nose...) Use gentle circular motions, and it may break up some of the congestion...

• Use saline drops and a nasal aspirator. Use only saline drops for babies. Leave the drops in for a few minutes then suck the nostrils with a nasal aspirator. All my kids had this problem!

• ooh sounds like my baby then. I went throught aht in the summer so i didnt use a humidifier but it was recommended, i use it now and it helps. she always has a stuffed nose: some tips from experience:

1. Humidifer

2. saline drops, (i know but keep using it it loosens it up), i would put it before every feeding, and shed eventually sneeze it out....if it looked loose enough my husband used the aspirator ( i cant!!!)

• Get this stuff called Ayrs. It's a gel you put around the nostril. Much less evasive than spray and those mucus suckers. And that humidifier thing is right on the nose.

• Try Simply Saline spray, I know you said you've tried the drops but the spray stuff is a lot more effective, you can spray it liberally in the nose and let it drain out the junk :)

• You mentioned that your daughter always has a stuffy nose. My 3rd child did too, until I figured out that he was allergic to the dairy products I was ingesting. I was amazed at how sensitive he was to the cow milk lectins that were in my breast milk. Once I went completely off of dairy products (cow milk products), he cleared up. I had to stay off of dairy for over 2 years, until he weaned, and I never had this problem with any of my other children. I'm a mother of 5. Try going off of dairy products for a week and see if your baby clears up.

• I use q-tips for my son and it works great. I've been doing that since he was born. The suction cup made me nervous because if you position it wrong, you can irritate the lining in the nose and it will swell up.

• I use a q-tip and gently swirl it in each nostril. Just be careful so she doesn't move abruptly and end up the the q-tip way up her nose!