How do i become a Pro Cyclist?

Hi,I'm in Kakamas it is a small town in South Africa in the Northen Cape.I'm 24 of age and I would like to become a Pro Cyclist.I ride 5 days of the week I do intervals from 500m up to 2.5km.Also do hills in 1 of the 5 days I ride.I ride between 1half to @ hour a day.The kilometers are more and less +- 30 kilometers a day.The 5th day I try to take my road bike and do 100kilometers.But I do my other exercises with my mountain bike.Her is no club that I can ride with.Everyone that ride bike here exercise on there own.I do races like the Khumba Iron Ore Classic the OFM Classic and the Cape Argus.I love cycling and I also do a bit of running but not long distance,only 5km.I want to go pro because I love it.Me and a group of people from the same company I work for did last year a tour from Kanoneiland not far from Kakamas to Cape town.It was for charity.The teams name is Canon to Cape.It was about 960km in 5 days.

I exercise al the time that if a race is coming up I can just exercise a bit harder and don't have to start from the beginning.I hope you can help me,it wil mean the world to me.

Greetings

Danelle Steyn

Comments

• Its simple: the 10,000 hour rule.

Commit 10,000 hours to cycling and if you aren't good enough by then you probably never will be. Good luck.

• My old cycling club recommended myself to train on a single speed track bike or any single speed available. This builds what are called 'thunder thighs', this is important as it allows you to cycle in much higher gears at a much faster pace plus gives you strength on the hills. My club taught me also if you are unable to buy a suitable bike find ways to make your own bike as fast and light as possible, fit ever thing you can to make it fast plus learn to fix it yourself as then there's no one else to blame but you. Also try to find out and learn road craft, vital for winning races. For bikes would recommend Bianchi as they have a budget model right up to professional so you could start at the bottom and work your way up. Good lock with your quest. Doing this got myself a podium third position in a ten mile time trial, not bad fo a diabetic on insulin back in the mid 'eighties.

• All i can say is DISCIPLINE! Ride every free moment of your day, set goals and challenge yourself as much as you can. When it's raining or too windy, set up an exercise bike in front of your tv. It'll be a bit hard but you'll start to notice the results soon. Good luck, maybe I'll see you on the podium one day :)

• High blood levels of glucose can cause several problems, including frequent urination, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, weight loss, and blurry vision. However, because type 2 diabetes develops slowly, some people with high blood sugar experience no symptoms at all. How to treat diabetes naturally https://tr.im/WoLAv

Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Weight loss in spite of increased appetite

Fatigue

Nausea

Vomiting

Patients with type 1 diabetes usually develop symptoms over a short period of time, and the condition is often diagnosed in an emergency setting.

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:

Increased thirst

Increased urination

Increased appetite

Fatigue

Blurred vision

Slow-healing infections

Impotence in men

If you think you have diabetes i think you should have a checkup and speak with your doctor just in case.

• I ride more then that just for the exercise. You need to step up the training to 320 - 480 km a week. You are doing it wrong, you want to train hard all the time and cut back a few days before the race.

http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/traini...

• Enter lots races and win. The cycling world will begin to take notice of you.

• Win all the amateur events you can. You have to win a bunch of those before even thinking about becoming professional. They'll find you. You don't find them.

• well

race and win

simple

there is no other way

charity rides don;t matter

neither does all that stuff about your training

just win

you say you race

do you win>??

or just yak about it on the interweb..?

wle