"Neve" as a boy name?

When I researched the name Neve, it seems mostly to be girl, but I've seen it as a boy name too.

What do you think? If you think "Neve Campbell" (who is female), how about "Neville Chamberlain" (male)? I'm split over it, I think it may work as a boy's name.

"My son Neve is the starting quarterback for the Wolverines" haha, it sounds masculine too.

Comments

• My dear Wunderkind....

WHO cares whether it "sounds" male -or- female...as long as Y O U like it !!! That's all that counts baby....and...when you consider some folks name their kid "Apple" -or- after some city like "Paris", Sydney, Brooklyn, etc. then why not "Neve" ? smile !

I think it's a unique name and it's great not to belong to the "norm", so go right ahead my friend and do as you please...Theses days you have the freedom to name your kid the way you wish ! I named my daughter "Destiny" and she's 23 yrs. now and very proud t have such a unique name...-smile- Send you all my love and care from Germany.....your friend Annette***

• I like it, but I can't get over seeing it as a feminine name. My favorite baby girl name is Evie, and so it does remind me of a feminine name. Also, Neve is one letter short of Never and not only is that negative, but I could see a MILLION insults flying out of other stupid children's mouths.

• In Irish Niamh (Neev) is a female name. It means bright and is really popular so a boy called Niamh would be very very strange here.

• Nein, I think it sounds too much like a girl's name.