I need a no fuss easy peasy recipe for pasta salad.?

the recipe has to be cheep & simple for 18th birthday bbq.

Comments

• Pan-fry broccoli flower and red bell pepper in a garlic butter or olive oil with a dash of garlic powder (your choice) and season with salt and black ground pepper. Mix it with your choice of pasta, preferably spiral pasta. Could be served hot or cold.

OR

Drain the fruit cocktail in can and you may add more fruits in can like pineapple and peach (drained of course) sliced into small pieces. Add cubed cheese (small pieces), cream and condensed milk (quantity of condensed milk based on your desired sweetness). Mix all these ingredients with your macaroni salad. Add grated cheese (optional). Put it in the fridge until its chilled.

• Pasta Salad is easy. Basically you cook pasta, let it cool, and add veggies, cheese, etc.

Here is what I like: Rigatonni (the spiral pasta), get colored if you can. Cook however much you want until it's al dente and then rinse in cool water and when it's cool, put it in a large bowl and add the following (or something similar): hot pepper cheese, a little bit of cheddar chunked in small pieces, broccoli flowerettes, red onion chopped, black olives, celery, small pieces of carrot, tomatoes, and red and green peppers. Then you need to add dressing and seasonings. I like spicy Mrs. Dash and a good Italian dressing, and salt. This is totally yummy. And not that bad for you either. Enjoy! (Gosh, now I'm hungry.)

• My favorite pasta salad is super easy and super cheap to make. Boil pasta then cool it in the fridge. While it's cooling, cook some of your favorite vegetables. Use frozen, not canned. Frozen adds more crispness. I add broccoli, string beans, corn and chick peas to my pasta.

Next toss your favorite dressing in the pasta until it's coated lightly. Toss in the hot veggies and a bit of vinegar then yum yum enjoy!

• Here's a really easy pasta salad....

1 lb. Pasta (anthing you like) boiled per packaged and drained

1 small bottle Wish Bone Italian Dressing

1 package frozen Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots) defrosted

Toss everything together and refrigerate until ready to serve. You can toss in some cherry tomatoes, black olives and cheese cubes and whatever else you like in pasta salad.

Good luck.

• I am almost ashamed to say it, but the quickest and easiest way I make dressing for pasta salad when I am in a real rush is to simply take a container of a nice Italian (robust) dressing with cheeses in it... like Ken's Northern Italian Dressing and cut it half and half with tomato juice for the freshest, lightest taste. (I always add extra freshly cracked pepper as well ) Saves the fuss... done in a flash... something about the tomato juice just... mmmmm... doggone it... Now I changed my mind for dinner !!! Hope you like it!!!

• Cook the pasta and allow to cool.

Add a tin of Green Giant sweetcorn with peppers to the cooled pasta.

Add a tin of tuna

Add a good dollop of mayonnaise and stir in. Add pepper - no salt

• I make this for every get-together I have, and they always gobble up every bite. It's a big hit and super easy.

Cook about two pounds of tricolored spiral pasta. Once done, drain and rinse thoroughly to cool. Let set to drain while you prepare the remaining ingredients.

For dressing, I use half Italian dressing and half ranch dressing. Mix the two and pour it over your pasta. Toss in fresh broccoli crowns, canned black olives (drained), cherry tomatoes, chunks of pepperoni, and chunks of cheddar. Mix well. :) Yum!

• Cook pasta of choice, drain and rinse in cold water,

chop one red bell pepper and slice 1 bunch of spring onions.

gently saute (fry) in a tablespoon of olive oil.

Let cool and add to pasta.

Buy a bottle of Caesar salad dressing and add to coat the pasta

I always add a couple of teaspoons of vinegar salt and pepper.

You could always add cooked chicken or prawns

• This is the easiest one I make at work. Boil tortellini flavor of choice, drain, and toss with pesto. Toss in some grape tomatoes, sliced black olives, a little salt and pepper, and top with shredded Parmesan.

• Cooked pasta, diced cucumber, diced onion and tuna. Simple!

Perhaps dressing on the side like mayonnaise or a vinaigrette.