Do colleges accept F's in high school transcripts?

I currently have an F in AP Biology and there's no way I can get it up to a D with the final.

My plan after high school is to attend a community college (MSJC) then after two years, transfer to a UC or CSU.

I was wondering if MSJC will accept me even if I have an F in my transcript? (If they do accept me, will I still have less priority w/ my F --- like can I get waitlisted because of it?)

And when I transfer to a University after 2 years of community college, will they look at my high school transcript? Will they accept an F on my transcript??

Please give me an accurate answr & if you can, provide a credible source with this information.

Comments

• Most community colleges have open enrollment. As long as you get your high school diploma (or GED) you will be accepted.

You will need to take a placement exam to determine what math/English levels you have achieved, and whether you will need remedial classes.

If you have 60 credits earned or pending (ideally during your second semester sophomore year) then most colleges and universities will only look at college grades, not high school grades or SAT scores, to determine admissions. Also, many community colleges have transfer agreements with state colleges and universities, in which if you earn your associates degree in the transfer program and achieve a certain minimum GPA (which varies by school) you are automatically accepted into a state college or university (not necessarily your first choice, however).

• JC's take just about anyone. An F in an AP class shouldn't hurt your chances as msjc

• You have a good plan. Whether you will be accepted to MSJC depends on the remainder of your hgh school career records.

See here about the MSJC admission requirements: http://www.bing.com/search?q=msjc+admission+requir...

Good luck.