Do you think self harm is a real issue?

Do you think self harm is a real issue that should be noticed and made fun of less?

Comments

• It is a psychological and social concern.

• Yes I do. I have struggle with self-harm in various forms for quite some time. I think there needs to be more awareness brought to the issue. A lot of people find it to be a shameful thing, something to stay hidden, or if we are "less" than as a person if we self-harm. I don't find that the case. We are still people/human. I don't think it should ever be made fun of. There is nothing funny about someone struggling. Pain is pain, not something to joke about.

• Yes. I started self-harming about a week ago and didnt even realize what people had to go through until i experienced it myself. It's a terrible addiction and no one should be pushed to the point of harming themselves just to feel somewhat in control. It's a sad cycle.

• what's incorrect to make you are attempting this? If it particularly is inner soreness that's inflicting you to try this, I say confront your themes, and/or in all probability the persons bringing/conserving you down. i could additionally say possibly have somebody with you once you do bypass on your training- like a maximum suitable chum that's have been given an outsiders attitude interior the difficulty. i think of we improve conscious of the soreness each each so often, tremendously while we've no one around us that rather is conscious what's happening in our minds. it is not suitable, neither is it adequate for anybody to tell you to 'recover from it' or 'it particularly is going to no longer be able to be that undesirable'. that's ridiculous to tell a man or woman that's rather hurting interior. i could seem up a help team rather for those that harm themselves. in many circumstances they have somebody that has been for the duration of an identical type of ingredient that could furnish sensible and valid counsel and ingredients that can assist you triumph over the project. in case you will no longer be able to count on your mom and dad, then ask an aunt or uncle to help. anybody particularly that may not decide you. i wish this facilitates. additionally, purely in case... i could no longer have been via what you're, even though it does not propose i'm no longer coping with any demons of my very own... maximum suitable desires, and a rapid restoration.

• Yes.it is a huge issue. I self harmed for 2 years,and i still struggle with it today. It ruined my life, and i have nasty scars. People should not make fun of it because they dont know what people are going through.

• Of course it is! My brother used to do it out of frustration from lacking vocabulary (he was deaf by earwax buildups), and YouTube also has videos of infamous cases of extreme self-harm; one from California and another from Oregon. Heck, i've even heard of cases HERE, where feminism-laced girls hit themselves to frame their brothers (which interestingly my own BROTHER also did.)

• Definitely. I struggled with it. Still do. But then there's some people who do it just for the attention. People who actually struggle with it try so hard for people to not find out.

• Yes i see it as much of an issue as people who get tattoos.

• Yessssssssssss. Don't harm ur self ull go to hell

• Well...the thing is they're doing it to themselves...so they shouldn't whine about how they hurt themselves

Edit: Lol I got an ad for a razor xD