How to do a really good Art portfolio?

I want to get into an arts college or a college with a good art program

Any tips in having a good Art portfoilo?

Comments

• A good portfolio is objective. In your portfolio they are looking for a variety of media or samples of concepts. They want to know that you have a genuine interest, have a good grasp for a variety of types of art. They don't have to be a master piece. BUT I will tell you that neatness is important. Nothing sloppy. Make sure that if you are not sure about the concept of your piece, that you read up on it, whether it be in a used art book, or old notes, so that if you have to speak, you sound motivated and educated to a point where they feel you will benefit from their school, and ultimately the art world will benefit from you because of your love for the field and your fresh enthusiasm about the subject. If you are not going in to speak personally, then you will want to reflect that energy onto the paper that is describing your work. Presentation is everything. i know i said this, but please don't present sloppy work. It will make it look like you just through it together because you "had better things to do." good luck

• I propose that a competent portfolio not be constrained to a unmarried topic. you may decide to expose off your skills for the time of a brilliant spectrum of matters. think of in case you have been an paintings director for an widespread company, and an artist got here in with an impressive portfolio of jap type anime. A dozen products, in magnificent colours and captivating layouts; all a similar project. at first look, one would be inspired via the technique, however the director could decide to be certain how the artist dealt with different fabric, which includes vehicles, clothing, earrings, or, for that remember, toothpaste! Your portfolio would desire to incorporate a form of matters, settings, circumstances and varieties. each thing positioned into it shoud be the terrific of you terrific paintings. it won't remember to the director, plenty what's depicted, from doggies to papayas to puppets, as long using fact the paintings is technically sound and compositionally shelter. If some instructor suggested which you shrink your next 2 3 hundred and sixty 5 days's well worth of paintings to some unmarried project, and, that for the time of basic terms those themed works would desire to bypass into your portfolio, that instructor has achieved you no service.

• Many have asked this question. Ask your teacher. You should include mainly original art work if you can. Have a variety of media including drawing and painting. Slides (or computer pictures on a disk)of jewelry, sculpture and other 3-d stuff is acceptable. Not a bunch of manga even if you are good at it. Don't forget great sketchbook pics if you have them.