what car is faster camaro v6 or mazda rx-8?

what car is faster a camaro v6 or mazda rx-8. And want one saver more gas a camaro v6 or mazda rx-8.

Comments

• If you're talking about brand new cars. The Camaro is faster by a little and gets better fuel mileage. Rotary engines aren't known for their fuel efficiency. The 2010 Camaro is rated at 17 MPG city and 29 highway. The 2010 RX-8 is rated at 16 MPG city and 22 highway.

• That one guy is a retard who thinks a Camaro will win because it's a V6. Just because it's a V6 doesn't mean it will always be faster. If the RX-8 is a manual, then I would say it would be a close call. The manual has more HP then the auto and a higher red line then the auto RX-8. Since the RX-8 is a gas hog, it might not be such a good choice, but the Camaro isn't much better either.

If your looking for a fun car to drive with some of the best handling in it's class with red line at 9K RPM then the RX-8

If your looking for "raw" HP with an unrefined engine then get a Camaro. Just keep in mind the reliability of both cars, especially if it's going to be older

• In terms of raw horse power the Camaro, v6 engines are generally more powerful than rotary engines but taking the power to weight ratio of the two cars into consideration. A camaro is much heavier with approx. 300 hp whilst a Rx-8 has 232 hp and is more light weight. Do the math (horsepower/Weight) and whichever gives the higher number is faster.

• Now maybe a BRZ can't beat the V6 in a drag race. But on the track would depend on the course and the drivers. If we had the time and money, I would invite you to Lime Rock. I think my 1600 I4 would sooner or later get you to do something that either makes you give up or put that Mustang into the rail. This spring, go to a few Solo II's and anti up the fees to run the track. Then compare your times with other cars in all the classes. The odds are that you will find out neither the car or you are truly competitive at a sanctioned event. Racing belongs on the track and not the street, so go where the real racers are and learn or earn some respect.

• that one guy is a retard he cant even spell camaro right so dont listen to him.

the camaro is faster and since its a V6 it will get pretty good gas milege too.

• depends on the year of the camero the camero will almost always be faster but is shity on gas the Rx-8 is better on gas yet still reasonably fast