is a radeon 6950 a good upgrade from 6870?

I definitely want a radeon graphics card, not nvidia(not that nvidia is bad i just prefer amd)

I have a radeon 6870 and i have in on ebay(its selling for $265 im pretty exited about that.)

assuming the buyer doesnt back out on me I want to purchase an upgrade.

I prefer an ASUS graphics card for compatibility with my crosshair V formula

motherboard.

but i found another xfx for a good price.

so should I get the 6950? or spend $300 on something else?

i suppose if it sells for 265 i can afford 300.

im just exited i guess.

what should i buy?

Update:

or should I get a radeon 7000 series?

my budget is about 300 give or take

Comments

• It just that amd hd 6870 is a good mid range graphic card for gaming, i think the amd hd 7850 runs around that price a better graphic card for gaming in the amd hd graphic card series, the 7950 runs about 400 dollars

• http://www.sweclockers.com/image/diagram/2805?k=1b...

here is a chart of some graphic cards in a test in BF3, as you can see the difference from a 6870 and a 6950 is not very big..

however it is a nice card, i got a ASUS direct CU2 6950 myself which i run at 950/1300 at 1.2 volt (stock is 810/1250 at 1.1 volt)

As for what to get its up to you, but if you really want something thats a upgrade you may need to look a bit higher then a 6950

• Any graphics card will be compatible, so don't think you just need Asus.

But the 6950 would be good. You can even unlock the shaders onto it so it will be the same thing as the 6970.

• I dont think there will much change you will notice instead check out for Amd hd 7850 which will be a good upgrade.