Ideas for a homemade scrapbook? :)?

I'm making a random sort of scrap book for my best friends birthday and I still have quite a bit of time left. I just want to add pictures of us, a couple of recipes, drawings etc.

1. Is this a good idea?

2. What else can I include?

3. any tips for decorating or anything

my best friend loves indie rock music and rap , shes not really girly, she loves poetry and unique, funky things like dreamcatchers.

Comments

• Yes, I think a scrapbook is a great idea. Make it to suit your friend's tastes, of course. Perhaps use distressed edges, stains, textured embellishments etc instead of paper flowers. Add fibers and leather strings to the binding of the album. Add some silver charms and/or feathers, beads or buttons too.

I suggest your journal about how your friendship formed and how you value her friendship.

You could write the words of a favourite song in the album. Try weaving the words across several pages and find illustrations for the words of the song.

Include her favourite poems, illustrated with pictures/drawings.

You can add a sound track of her favourite music by recording it on a flash drive and making it part of the album - make it a dangle or an item to place in a pocket in the book.

Add some more natural things like pressed leaves.

Include the story of the origin of the dreamcatcher.

HTH

• you are going to desire a see by way of glass jar (a jar that's used for caning meals will do satisfactory or u can purchase whatever nicer) you will also meed glue, and tissue paper. what you do is tear the tissue paper into little squares or something shpe you love it is quality when you've got a veriety of colours. than you'll glue the tissue paper onto the glass jar. You could make a pictue with the paper if u are creative. Or u can simply mak a jumble of the differant colours. THAN you situation the canddle into the glass jar and the outcome will appear like a stained glass window. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN ADD A PRETY RIBON AROUNG THE JAR well success i am hoping this is helping

• Try using song lyrics in your next layout.

Song lyrics can be a great source of title and page inspiration for a scrapper.

Music and songs play an important part in our lives. Hearing a song again can evoke a lot of emotion, bringing back fond memories of special times, special people and special places.

Of course, different songs mean different things to different people - but you can use songs to 'tap' into those memories to create unique, and highly personal scrapbook pages.

Scrapbook Layout Ideas - http://www.craft-kits.net/scrapbook-layout-ideas.h...

• The Secret Of Making Layouts That Look Like Works Of Art is Here….Introducing Your Very Own Online Training Class, Scrapbooking Ideas Monthly!...

Here's Why You'll LOVE Scrapbooking Ideas Monthly - http://bitly.com/Scrapbooking-Coach

*) You'll always get NEW layout ideas so you can finish that pile of photos FAST! (we'll teach you heritage layouts, minibooks, multiple and single photo laytouts, double page layouts and much more!)

*) You'll discover FRESH techniques and trends, so each page you make will be unique (you'll learn advanced techniques like inking and embossing, using gesso for texture and dimension, incorporating fabric on your page, advanced flower creation and much MUCH more!)

*) You'll access insider SECRETS that will make your scrapbooking EASIER and FASTER (hot tips on how to co-ordinate embellishments and paper, how to create your own pop dots to make your photos have extra dimension, how to use your existing stash for 'new looks, how to create amazing effects using household objects' etc.)

http://bitly.com/Scrapbooking-Coach

*) Have a constant supply of FRESH and exciting layout ideas!

*) Be able to start AND FINISH a layout FASTER than you ever dreamed possible….

*) Surprise yourself with your own STYLE and CREATIVITY!

*) Become a MASTER at using inks, embossing powders, gesso, fabric and many other techniques on your pages to add untold beauty!

*) Finally start to make considerable progress on that pile of photos…

*) Create layouts that reflect the MEMORIES of the photos you are trying to preserve!

*) and much MUCH more!

...If you could do those things you’d be PROUD of the layouts preserving your memories.

Source(s):

The Secret Of Making Layouts That Look Like Works Of Art is Here….Introducing Your Very Own Online Training Class, Scrapbooking Ideas Monthly!

http://bitly.com/Scrapbooking-Coach