My dog is protective over my sister?

Why is he more protective over her then he is me? He still protects me dont get me wrong, but if its both of us playing with each other, the dog joins her side.

Comments

• I think it's because your dog feels "HE" should protect your mom (the FEMALE). That's what i'm thinking =)

• Your dog is not being protective; it is either excited by the game & joining in, or is possessive of your sister, & not respecting her as its superior in the household.

No dog is reliably protective without training & should be very clear that it should look to its owner to protect the dog, & not the other way around.

• Dogs usually only have one person they consider their true leader, mine follows my mom the most even though she still likes the rest of us, and sometimes when we pretend to fight, my dog will help my mom and bark at us. She's very protective of her, sometimes I pretend to hit my mom to see her reaction, she will bark at me right away, but if my mom pretends to hit me she won't bark, that indicates that she likes my mom more than me. :P So they only have one person they think of as the 'pack leader', usually it's the person that's nicest to them, my mom takes her for walks every day, she's the one that feeds her and cleans her and everything.

• your sister probably gives your dog more attention and is nicer to it then you are which developes a better relationship between the two of them opposed to you who could be teasing him sometimes or ignoring him.

• Maybe she's just simply nicer to him. Try giving him a bit more attention and treats. Scratch him a lot too :]

• because the dog probably trusts her more than you

• he feels she needs it